Difference between revisions of "PB:Working with the PRU's"
(Created page with "PRU is the Programmable Realtime Unit of which there are two on the Beagleboards. The PRU's are built into the main processor chip and allows us to develop hard realtime solu...")
Revision as of 20:15, 28 January 2019
PRU is the Programmable Realtime Unit of which there are two on the Beagleboards.
The PRU's are built into the main processor chip and allows us to develop hard realtime solutions. Hard realtime solutions is characterised by determinism and that they can meet a deadline in any situation.
But the PRU's are not easily put into work. There are some obstacles that must be dealt with before seeing the realtime solutions running.
Here is a collection of link to information about working with the PRU's. All it takes is to put the gathered information together to get at complete picture.
- [] Kenn Schirriffs blog with the blinking LED
- Also Kenn writes over at [] about PRU tips: Understanding the BeagleBone's built-in microcontrollers
- TI has a pages about the PRU's over at []
- [] is a "Hello World" for PRU's
- Element 14 also writes about the PRU's []
- This [] amongst other things contains a lot of links to valuable information as well as instructions how to get a simple program up running
- This is the PocketBeagle site []
- Chapter 6.7 in this [] talks about the PRU's and the PocketBeagle
- Also take a look over at [] for some information.