This page is an overview of tips and trix for using the Software-in-a-box package. The Software-in-a-box package is a virtualbox pc running Centos 7.x Linux and installed with Eclipse and the necessary development tools for the courses: E1GPR1, E2GPR2, E3ISD1 and E4ISD2.
- How to share the host laptops disk with the virtual machine? Jump over to Share disk with virtual machine this page.
- Upgrade your gcc compiler til a much newer version.
- Fix Eclipse that has been polluted with Verilog
- Using the vi or vim (Vi IMproved) editor is a useful knowledge to get, because vi or vim is practically always present on any Linux distribution. In order to improve the general experience of vi(m) find a .vimrc file over at github. Download the basic.vim an put it into ~/.vimrc and your vi(m) will all of a sudden be more friendly to use.
- Sometimes you just cant get enough and need to resize you virtual machines harddisk. The harddisk is just a file residing on your host system. Jump to Resizing you Virtual Disk to see how this can be done.
- Installing new software on your Centos helps you to keep you software up to date and install new packages on your development host.
- Useful backgrounds on your desktop - put some useful commands on the desktop background, so you'll have them available when needed.
- Help my Boot partition is full! Here's how to clean it up.
- How to fix that your newly created Username does not appear on the logon screen
- How to fix that your Eclipse display a problem with C++
- To update/upgrade or not to update/upgrade? That is the question.
- Your Centos freezes in the boot process
- You will find a few tips over on Eclipse tooltips how to configure your Centos and Eclipse in order to get it to work.
More to come...send me your tips to kko at ase dot au dot dk