Think about this
Hello, World in 25 different programming languages.
Linus Torvalds quotes
"Talk is cheap. Show me the code."
"Software is like sex: it's better when it's free."
"The Linux philosophy is 'Laugh in the face of danger'. Oops. Wrong One. 'Do it yourself'. Yes, that's it."
"Intelligence is the ability to avoid doing work, yet getting the work done."
"Microsoft isn't evil, they just make really crappy operating systems."
"In my opinion MS is a lot better at making money than it is at making good operating systems."
"That's what makes Linux so good: you put in something, and that effort multiplies. It's a positive feedback cycle."
"The cyberspace earnings I get from Linux come in the format of having a Network of people that know me and trust me, and that I can depend on in return."
"Shareware tends to combine the worst of commercial software with the worst of free software."
Jim Gettys Principles
While developing the X-Window System Jim coined these principles, that will suit many other projects:
1. Do not add new functionality unless an implementor cannot complete a real application without it.
2. It is as important to decide what a system is not as to decide what it is. Do not serve all the world's needs; rather, make the system extensible so that additional needs can be met in an upwardly compatible fashion.
3. The only thing worse than generalizing from one example is generalizing from no examples at all.
4. If a problem is not completely understood, it is probably best to provide no solution at all.
5. If you can get 90 percent of the desired effect for 10 percent of the work, use the simpler solution.
6. Isolate complexity as much as possible.
7. Provide mechanism, rather than policy. In particular, place user interface policy in the client's hands.
An idea is not a mockup
A mockup is not a prototype
A prototype is not a program
A program is not a product
A product is not a business
The Internet is filled with funny stuff related to computing. Below I've collected a few bits I find amusing.
Need to insult your team mate? Install this on his or hers Linux and watch. insultng bash