This page is an overview of tips and trix for using the Software-in-a-box package. The Software-in-a-box package is a virtualbox pc running Centos 7.x Linux and installed with Eclipse and the necessary development tools for the courses: E1GPR1, E2GPR2, E3ISD1 and E4ISD2.
- How to share the host laptops disk with the virtual machine? Jump over to Share disk with virtual machine this page.
- You will find a few tips over on Eclipse tooltips how to configure your Centos and Eclipse in order to get it to work.
- Using the vi or vim (Vi IMproved) editor is a useful knowledge to get, because vi or vim is practically always present on any Linux distribution. In order to improve the general experience of vi(m) find a .vimrc file over at github. Download the basic.vim an put it into ~/.vimrc and your vi(m) will all of a sudden be more friendly to use.
- Sometimes you just cant get enough and need to resize you virtual machines harddisk. The harddisk is just a file residing on your host system. Jump to Resizing you Virtual Disk to see how this can be done.
- Installing new software on your Centos helps you to keep you software up to date and install new packages on your development host.
- Useful backgrounds on your desktop - put some useful commands on the desktop background, so you'll have them available when needed.
- Help my Boot partition is full! Here's how to clean it up.
- How to fix that your newly created Username does not appear on the logon screen
- How to fix that your Eclipse display a problem with C++
- To update/upgrade or not to update/upgrade? That is the question.
- Your Centos freezes in the boot process
More to come...send me your tips to kko at ase dot au dot dk